Maryland International Raceway has finally been granted permission by the St. Mary’s County Health Department to open and we thank them for working with us. XDA will officially kick off the season with the FuelTech Superbike Showdown at MDIR on June 19 – 21!
This opening comes with strict guidelines and limitations that must be followed to remain open. While everyone (including us) is so ready to get back to racing, we must not let our guard down and we must follow the guidelines that we know all too well: social distancing, face masks (indoors or when social distancing is not achievable outdoors), hand washing/sanitizing and good old common sense.
For now, we will only be open to racers, their family, crew and staff. Spectators are currently not permitted. Please review the guidelines below and be prepared to follow them. We have worked too hard to get the track back open to have it shut down again because we are not abiding by the guidelines. If you are an individual that doesn’t agree with any of these guidelines of social distancing, face masks where required, etc, we respect your point of view but we ask that you not attend events until all the restrictions are lifted.
• Events will be open to participants, their family and crew only, with a maximum of 10 people total (including driver) on any race team.
• No spectators will be permitted. Crew and family must enter with the participant or leave names at the gate for a late-a arriving family or crew member.
• All race trailers, both open and enclosed, must be parked in every-other 12’ pit space. That way, a trailer is taking up one 12’ space and there is an empty 12’ space for race vehicle, family and crew beside it. No trailers can be parked side-by-side. This will help ensure social distancing.
• All additional vehicles that come into the pits must park in front of the race car in your pit area or in the Pitside parking lot… NO EXCEPTIONS.
• All staff and participants will be wearing masks in any indoor structures, restrooms, tower, etc. and outdoors anywhere proper social distancing is not achievable. Masks will not be required outdoors with proper social distancing, but they are recommended.
• Hand washing/sanitizing must be done on a regular basis.
• The tower will have restricted access and will be limited to essential staff only.
• The crews will be limited on the starting line and front of the staging lanes, with social distancing extremely enforced. Our security staff and starting line staff will closely monitor this area to prevent unauthorized gathering.
• When not racing, racers are to abide by social distancing requirements. Racers and crew members will be required to stay within their own pit areas when not racing.
• Each group must have adequate PPE for each crew member and must wear masks when required. All groups will be required to acquire their own PPE and bring it with them to the track.
• Our restrooms are equipped with hands free fixtures. Restrooms will be cleaned, stocked and sanitized throughout the day or evening. All Pitside portlets will be moved and taken out of service.
• Concessions will be open, and lines will be marked for proper social distancing. Concession stand will follow all guidelines in place for local food service businesses. We will be open with a limited menu of food items that must be consumed within your pit area or in the grandstands with proper social distancing but not in front of our concession area.
We are excited about re-opening the track and are looking forward to seeing everyone again.
For more information about the XDA, please visit www.XDAracing.com
2020 XDA Schedule
Jun 19-21: MDIR
Jul 24-26: MDIR
Aug 21-23: VMP
Sept 18-20: MDIR
To take advantage of some amazing discounts at Brock’s Performance, click – http://brocksperformance.com?aff=12